16 May 2011

Hello Friends! :)


Time has gone by very fast (again!). A lot has happened since my last post here. Before getting into it, here is one of the very few things that I've managed to create lately.
This is a Tilda (by Tone Finnanger) heart. The pattern is from one of her books, called Tildas Julehus. The fabrics that I've used are also from her collection. I've made this heart for a friend of mine, just for being there for me. :)


This is how the heart looks from the other side.


In the end of February I decided to apply for an open post at our church, Evangelical Free Church, as Children and Youth Worker. I was accepted and started working in April. So, after being a SAHM for several years, this was a huge change to our family. Luckily we've got Milma, our youngest, a spot from the the local Christian Kindergarten. She's settled in GREAT! :) It's been hard on me, to take her in the day care so young, but I know she'll be alright... and eventually me aswel. LOL :)

We had booked our holiday to beautiful Holland before I had plans to apply to the job. So after been at work for one week, we had our week holiday in Holland, at my best and dearest friends home. :) This was the 2nd time for me in Holland, and the first for the rest of my family. My best friend and her family lives in a tiny, beautiful village called Ursem, about 30 minutes car drive away from Amsterdam.

When we arrived to Holland on 22nd April, the weather was AWESOME and HOT! + 27 degrees! It was +7 when we left Finland so we felt so over dressed when we arrived to Amsterdam. LOL
The whole week was warm. I'm glad my friend had informed us about the warm weather so we had some summer clothes with us. LOL

We went to a lovely windmill museum in Schermerhorn.

As you probably know Holland is known from all the windmills and wooden shoes,
klompen. :).. and of course of cheese! :)


Here are a few shots from Volendam, a beautiful city by the sea. I simply love all these gorgeous houses!



The klompen were sold all over! I've bought a lot of different kind of klompen things such as key holders, fridge magnets...


We also went to a photographer that takes pictures with the traditional Dutch costumes. I had one of these pictures taken of me with my best friend in 1998. This time we had one taken with my family. :) It was a lot of fun.


Here are few of the photos taken in Amsterdam. I've spend an awesome day there together with my friend and my eldest daughter. We also met another very dear friend of mine, just aswel her family. We had a great day!

We took a ride in a HUGE ferris wheel. I'm so scared of hights but decided to go because my daughter and everyone else wanted. So I was brave! LOL I was just sitting in tight and couldn't look down... and was happy to get out of it after few rounds. LOL


We also walked a lot around the city and did some shopping too. :)
I had already emptied a couple of shops, Action and Xenos. :) From both of the shops I've bought a lot of cheap craftings supplies and home decoration items. My goodness... I simply loved those shops and will definitely return!! LOL


I loved all the little alleys in Amsterdam.



We took a hour cruise in one of the canal boats. It was a great experience and easy way to see a lot of Amsterdam. Here are a few shots from the cruise. :)



Here is one of the many boat houses in Amsterdam. :)



In the end of our cruise, we went to this Coffee House for a coffee/tea/limonade.
this building is absolutely beautiful from inside to outside. :)


All in all, we had an amazing holiday, even though Milma and my husband were ill. We will definitely return SOON! :)

Enjoy your evening everyone. I'm off to bed now.

God Bless You and Yours!

Photobucket

No comments: