07 January 2010

Time of Choices


Now I've come into the point where I need to start making
some choices, choices that I have avoided to make,
at least for the past year. I honestly don't know what
to do or where to start. I'm talking about my hobbies
and other activities that I have in my life, my family, friends...


I'm taking now more active part at our church in
Sunday School, decorating, choirs and many other things
that I really enjoy. Our family is also leading a home group
together with a another family from our church. We
meet every other week. It's lots of fun and gives us a lot too. :)
I'm so grateful for God for giving us this church family
where to serve Him.
Since January I'm also singing in a gospel/worship band
that is taking a lot of my time. Singing is the way that I enjoy
spreading the word of God the most.
Serving at our church is nothing that I have to do. Don't get me
wrong. It's something I really want to do! :)

Since I have so many new hobbies now I need to start making choices
which of the old ones I'm going to keep and which not.
As a mom of 3 I simply don't have the time for everything.
Lately I've been suffering of a lack of inspiration in making FBs
and art decos. Also due the problems with my hands, I need
to do less crafting, handi crafts, writing, typing etc... anything
that strain my hands a lot. Since a while I haven't been making
any FBs and now I've been thinking if I should quit making and
swapping them for good or not. And art decos... those I'd at least
do much less than now. I really don't know what to do. :(
I simply LOVE crafting!!
Handi crafts like knitting I had to quit after one pair of socks.
I started a new pair, for my son, but haven't been able to finish them.
My hands are just aching too much. :(


I don't know waht I'm going to do but I have to
make some kind of choices.
At least for now, I'm not updating my incoming mail
at my blog anymore.

I have included two photos here. One that I took from our
living room window a few days ago and then pictures
of the many candle holders that I've made for Christmas
for my friends, family and myself. These in the picture
I've made for myself. :)

Many Hugs!
Johanna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both pictures are beautiful! I love snow and would love to see something like that at my house.
As for the choices, let God show you which to give up.

Anonymous said...

Hei Johanna. We sometimes have to make a hard decision even if we don't want to... Please take great care of yourself. Hope we could keep making a contact personally! xx

♥ cloudberrie ♥ said...

Dear Johanna,
I love the beautiful photos of your home and the cute candleholders (I made almost the same myself for gifts to relatives)
I understand you very well in your "thinking" about choices. Been there myself, and its not easy. But let your heart tell you. We support you in whatever decision you make.
Lots of love from your friend Eva