21 January 2010

Return to Eden

This morning I ordered the Return to Eden DVD box that's an
Aussie TV serie which was a big hit in the 80's. I used to watch
it from TV together with my mom and been hoping
to see it again ever since. I think it's awesome that
they are finally getting all these series on DVDs. :)

Here's what WikipediA says about the Return to Eden:

Stephanie Harper, a dull, "plain jane" heiress, marries a
handsome
but unscrupulous tennis pro, Greg Marsden,
who promptly
begins an affair with Stephanie’s best friend
Jilly Stewart. Greg and
Jilly then plot to murder Stephanie
and lay claim to her fortune.
Greg pushes Stephanie into
a crocodile-infested river, and
watches as she is
apparently mauled to death. However,
Stephanie survives
and is found washed up on a beach. She
meets Dave
Wells who nurses her back to health but she is
horrifically
scarred from her encounter with the crocodile.
Dave gives her a fortune in precious jewels and she leaves
to
find someone who can restore her looks. She goes to an
island
and meets Dr. Dan Marshall, a brilliant plastic
surgeon
who uses his talents to repair her face and
body. After the bandages
are removed, Stephanie
has been transformed into a beautiful
woman.
Using the alias Tara Welles, which Dave has given
her, Stephanie returns to Sydney and becomes a
glamorous
supermodel, whilst plotting her revenge
on Greg and Jilly
and take back what is rightfully hers,
particularly her beloved
home. Hence the title "Return to Eden".


I should get the DVDs in tomorrow's mail. I can't wait! :)


2 comments:

LM said...

I remember about this... my sister used to watch it a long time ago, when we were about 18-19 years old. I remember it was something about a revenge, a personal vendetta of a woman ... but I did not seen it all. At that time, I used to watch "The Thorn Bird", because... beyond the little patheticism of this kind of excessively romantic things, "The thorn bird" has in it a lot of me. I guess I will make a post on my blog about it, one of these days, because I want to make it separate of the post that I did about my favourite tv series. Anyway, enjoy your show tomorrow! :) I am almost sure that my sis has it on cds, so... if I knew you like it, I could have send a copy to you. Next time you are looking for something, you can ask and maybe I can help you. I have a big film library here, with both old and new things, and so is my sister`s film library, and my boyfriend`s.

Anonymous said...

Hey Johanna ! I also love this movie, I have the DVD, in France it called "La vengeance aux deux visages" (Revenge with two faces).

Huggies, Isabelle